Dear Governor Steve Bullock, as a Montanan, I would like to encourage you to lead the way for wild bison restoration in Montana.
- Montana has plenty of suitable public lands that do not have
grazing leases that could be a conflict, in which to restore
wild bison to.
- Wild bison are a native wildlife species that historically played an important part on this landscape and can be again.
- Scientific studies show the benefits of native wild bison for our type of ecosystem and climate, especially to our prairie grasses.
- As a conservation hunter, I would like to see bison on our public lands as a huntable species, utilizing our fair chase hunting ethics.
- Bison are advantageous to our outstanding and growing ecotourism businesses and our residents outdoor experiences.
- Montana is certainly up to the challenges of managing such a remarkable wildlife species. Please be the leader we need to usher in this historic event, to restore Montanas native wild bison to public lands.